Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belle Starr
 Login/Join

posted
I have it on good authority that Belle Starr once was associated with Calamity Jane. Does anyone know something of their association? I live just 20 miles from the Belle Starr Gravesite and would also like to be able to see the actual grave. I know a Doctor from Tulsa bought the property and that the gravesite is very rundown. There are several of us here who would like to restore the grave to it's original condition. ANY info will be helpful.

Posts: 6 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Thu February 16 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The doctor restored and renovated the grave site. Oklahombres members have visited the site since restoration.

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oklahoma Kid:
The doctor restored and renovated the grave site. Oklahombres members have visited the site since restoration.

I live just outside of Eufaula and would very much like to visit the gravesite, but no one here seems to know exactly how to get there. It is a real shame that thye people of Eufaula could care so little for one of their own. I know the gravesite is off Texanna Rd., but beyond that I have no clue . Could you message me wio\th the directions and how I can contact the good Dr.?

Posts: 6 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Thu February 16 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan, you can park here https://www.google.com/maps/@3...,41.7t/data=!3m1!1e3 and follow the path a couple hundred yards through the woods right to her grave. I was there in January and Dr. Hood has got the Historical Society to place a marker right there on the edge of the driveway.

Posts: 26 | Location: Kansas City, MO USA | Registered: Mon October 02 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post