OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Oklahombres Journal Winter 2005
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahombres Journal Winter 2005
 Login/Join

posted
The latest issue of the Oklahombres Journal will be going in the mail to members early next week.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have information on Roy Daugherty aka Arkansas Tom Jones as to what guns he used? I came across agun that had paper in the barrel that said that this gun belonged to Roy Daugherty of the Doolin Gang. Would be good to know the serial numbers of the guns he used. this one was made in 1902 so he would of gotten it after he left prison.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Thu April 28 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do we access back issues of the Oklahombres Journal? Is there an archive or locations around the country where they can be accessed for research. I'm a research assistant at KU and my professor is doing preliminary research on light horse. This journal seems like it would be a great source!

Posts: 2 | Location: Lawrence, KS | Registered: Fri October 28 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Webmaster
posted Hide Post
The Oklahoma Historical Society library has a complete set of back issues. Perhaps you can access them through inter-library loan.

Dee Cordry
dcordry@gmail.com
Oklahombres.org webmaster

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, that's good news. Thanks very much.

Posts: 2 | Location: Lawrence, KS | Registered: Fri October 28 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hombres News:

I will be speaking about "Oklahombres" tonight at the Broken Arrow Library located at 300 West Broadway. All are invited to attend this free meeting. Beginning at 7:00 until 8:00. Thanks.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

There was a good turn out for the meeting at the Broken Arrow Library and many people took application forms. We should encourage this type of local format to get new members.

posted Hide Post
MKoch, how does a person become a member, so as to recieve the Journal?

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

All you need to do is send in a check for $25.00 made out to Oklahombres, Inc. along with your name and mailing address and mail it to: Oklahombres, Inc., PO Box 721143, Oklahoma City, OK. 73172-1143. Thanks for your question.

posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 176 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all members,

We have all recently received the Summer and Fall issues of the OklahombreS Journal. I would like to thank Diron Ahlquist for his fine work in putting our journals together, getting them printed and out to all our members. Also, a big thanks for those who may have help Diron in this effort. Of course, a special thanks for all those who research and write the stories that go out to our members via our journal. We can alway use more members efforts in this area. Don't be afraid of trying something you may have not done before, it's exciting to research lawmen and outlaws. It is especially exciting to write about their deeds and misdeeds. Diron can help with editing if needed or any other writers, if they have the time. Anyway, I just wanted to give Diron thanks, as many times we forget those who do so much of the work. To all members, have a Happy Thanksgiving, now sit back and enjoy reading our journals.

posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

I want to second everything you said. But I do have a question--if we have not received the summer and fall editions of the Journal (and I have not), whom should we contact?

--meursault

Posts: 215 | Registered: Thu December 11 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

If you didn't get these two journals contact either Dennis Lippe at OKLEMEMORIAL@aol.com or Diron Ahlquist at dironahlquist@yahoo.com. Hopefull either one can assist you in getting these latest journals. Thanks.

Mike Koch

posted Hide Post
All paid members have had their Summer & Fall 2005 Journals mailed to them. The reason that some members get their's several days ahead of others is that they are the ones who have written articles for the Journal and their mailings cost more than the norm. I take those to the post office first and at that time purchase the postage for the remainder of the mailings.
Enjoy!

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my copies of the Journal today--many thanks!

--meursault

Posts: 215 | Registered: Thu December 11 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diron:
All paid members have had their Summer & Fall 2005 Journals mailed to them. The reason that some members get their's several days ahead of others is that they are the ones who have written articles for the Journal and their mailings cost more than the norm. I take those to the post office first and at that time purchase the postage for the remainder of the mailings.
Enjoy![/QUOTE)

I received my two journals a couple of days ago. As a new member, I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship of both the authors and those responsible for assembly, editing, and production! Very, very professional! I shall begin my own library of them with a view towards posterity!

Thank you!

David A Rennie

David A Rennie

Posts: 27 | Location: Lexington, Oklahoma | Registered: Wed August 17 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post