Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E.D. Nix. OKLAHOMAHOMBRES
 Login/Join

posted
'Guess I will eventually learn to post correctly and properly. Pleae bear with me.

Nix book , OKLAHOMRES, was not signed June 31, 1930 in asmuch a June has no 31st I now correct the error. The date of the signature was Janyary 31, 1930.

Thank you for your forebearance.

Cecil Wingo, ScDr, Forensic Analyst, Medicine/Psychology
Retired Texas Peace officer.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Thu February 14 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr Cecil Wingo is my father. He died 2/2/09 after a hell of an Oklahoman fight with asbestosis, a bull till the day he died. He (and I) have long sought answers to family legends that spawned from the mountains of Eastern Oklahoma where he was born, regarding our ancestors that were apparent lawmen and outlaw combined. While not necessarily a frequent poster he was a voracious reader of this site and all things about "Oklahombre" people and relatives. We search for our outlaw ancestor Sam Wingo, to learn where he ended and how he ended his life.

I am glad that you were here for my Dad, I cannot tell you how much the informations he found meant to him (and me).

Thank you

Posts: 45 | Location: Angleton, Texas | Registered: Wed September 09 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolence on the passing of your father.

Posts: 37 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma | Registered: Sat February 12 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you sincerely. Hope Oklahoma is all well!

Posts: 45 | Location: Angleton, Texas | Registered: Wed September 09 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post