OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Oklahomres in Oklahoma History Lecture Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahomres in Oklahoma History Lecture Series
 Login/Join

posted
Oklahombres member, historian and author, Art Burton will be the featured lecturer for the Sunday, September 3, 2006 Oklahoma "Speaking of the Truth" lecture series. The title of Art's presentation is "Black Gun, Silver Star: The Life and legend of Frontier Marshal Bass Reeves." Art will be speaking between 2 and 3 p.m. with book signings 1 hour before and after the lecture. For those of you who like historical biographies, this is a chance to hear a master speak and its free; there is no admission fee. This event will be held at the Chesapeake Events Center, Oklahoma History Center, 2401 N. Laird, Oklahoma City.

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can I get a list of Art's writings?
I am new here and am not familiar with how this site works. I am interested especially in finding facts about Edna Murray "The Kissing Bandit" and her relatives, and comrads in crime.
Thanks,
SapulpaGal

Posts: 30 | Registered: Tue August 08 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a post to bring this important lecture back to the fore.

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Mike!

I regret missing then first gathering of Oklahombres since joining the group but circumstances precluded same.

I am presently reading Dr Burton's excellent book and would certainly like to hear him speak but, once again, circumstance dictates that I be elsewhere, By then, I should be in Chama, New Mexico, engaged in some small researches there and points north in southern Colorado. I know the presentation will be most noteworthy.

We still must "gang up" on Welge and get into that Hocker collection. It should be revealing of some aspects of Papa Rennie's law practice Let me know when you'd like to go to OHS to strap him to a chair and withhold nourishment 'til he yields!

DAR

David A Rennie

Posts: 27 | Location: Lexington, Oklahoma | Registered: Wed August 17 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post