OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Fort Smith Case Files Now Available Online
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fort Smith Case Files Now Available Online
 Login/Join

posted
Just made a very big and interesting discovery...was anyone else aware that Ancestry.com now has ABSOLUTELY 100% of the Fort Smith Criminal Case Files scanned and available for subscribers from 1866-1909! My jaw hit the floor when I saw they were available in full. The index of cases has been on that site for years and I have used the index to make about 10 trips down to the National Archives branch at Fort Worth where I have copied probably nearly 500 case files over the years. If interested in obtaining copies of case files this is a great way to do it and if you need alot of them it will likely be cheaper than ordering them through the National Archives. Happy Hunting!

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell no! And I'm fixing to go try it. Like you I have a whole bunch of cases photocopied and in boxes in my garage. Thanks Diron

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have run across is that it appears whoever indexed the actual case files did not use the old case file index that has been available on Ancestry.com for years. You might find the names spelled differently between the old index and the new indexing of case files.

Just makes it all the more fun :-)

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post