Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OKLAHOMBRES JOURNAL
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all.... Your editor is in need of articles!! I would like to get a summer issue out asap, but I have NO articles! Send your articles to editorokhombres@aol.com. THANKS!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mon August 25 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted Thu August 19 2010 09:41 PM
The latest edition of the Oklahombres Journal went in the mail this afternoon. I hope everyone enjoys it. This is the last issue by our editor Karen Lippe. Ron "RD" and Naomi Morgan have now taken over the duties of Editor of the Journal. Articles are needed for the next issue and may be e-mailed to Ron and Naomi at editorokhombres@aol.com or hard copies may be sent to:
Oklahombres, Inc.,
PO Box 10967,
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1967.

If you are not a member of Oklahombres and want to join, send a check for the annual dues of only $25($35 outside of the U.S.)made payable to "Oklahombres" and send to the above PO Box.

If you would like copies of any past issues of the Journal they are $5 an issue and requests should be sent to our PO Box.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Enjoy your day on the trail,
Dennis Lippe, Treasurer
Okhombre97@aol.com

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey folks. We are going to try and get these next two journals out as quickly as possible but do need some Old West stories. So if any of you cowpokes out there has one you would like to share, let us know...R. D. and Naomi....

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. R. D. "Ron" Morgan, Editor of Oklahombres

Welcome Aboard! First, a little HISTORY!

Dee Cordry, who was the First Editor of the Oklahombres Journal, began his stewardship in the Summer of 1989 and ended in the Summer of 2001, and was responsible for Fifty-One (51) Journals for a total of 931 pages - - with an average of 18.2 pages per issue.

Next, Diron Ahlquist assumed the editorial reins from Dee and continued to produce Twenty-three (23) wonderful Journals from the Fall of 2001 thru the Spring of 2007, consisting of 448 pages - - with an average of 19.5 pages per issue.

Later, Karen Lippe accepted the role of Editor in the Summer of 2007 and carried on this exalted tradition until the Winter of 2010, producing Eleven (11) Journals, totalling 208 pages for an average of 18.9 pages per Journal.

Mrs. Lippe's final issue, which was mailed-out in August of 2010, was the "Winter 2010" issue (Vol. 21 No. 2).

Not to put any pressure on anyone ("RON"); but, the next Three (3) installments should be:
Spring 2010 (Vol. 21 No. 3);
Summer 2010 (Vol. 21 No. 4); and
Fall 2010 (Vol. 22 No. 1).

(Note: I hope that you'll be operating under the same "Julian Calendar" that Julius Caeser instituted for us way back in 46 B.C.)

As an accomplished author of 4 or 5 excellent books on Oklahoma Gangsters, you shouldn't have any problems filling several Journals with exciting stories of yesteryear.

Good Luck with the Journal(s)!!!

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mon December 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the excellent history lesson..The Spring issue of Oklahombres Journal is complete and on it's way (24 pages). We are working on the Summer issue as we speak but still need stories (Hope to have it done in early Nov.)..Be well..Your humble editor..Ron

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I need to order the Journal, and I just thought of something simple I can do, and submit.
There might be an interest in it, so I'll see if I can get it (article) done, and submitted.
Martha.

Posts: 169 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Martha

posted Hide Post
Folks..We are looking for stories concerning the Rogers County area for a special issue of Oklahombres Journal to corrispond with the April 2011 Claremore get-together.Stories must be turned into yours truly by the last week of Feb. 2011...Thanks.. Ron

posted Hide Post
I just received the latest issue of the Oklahombres Journal, yesterday; and, it is GREAT...fantastic...superb! The stories are ALL very interesting and exciting. The photographic images, and other exhibits, used in this issue are excellent, displayed perfectly.

"THANKS!" and "Congratulations!" for this great issue. It couldn't have come at a better time . . . a wonderful Christmas treat for everyone.

posted Hide Post
Thanks very much....the next issue is nearing completion....R. D. and Naomi

posted Hide Post
Ron....is there a theme for the next Journal?
Al Grooms

Posts: 20 | Registered: Wed August 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The upcoming journal is a mixed bag, as is our tradition..some Old West, some Gangster era..Great stories from James Knight,Bob Ernst, Larry Yadon, Mike Koch and others. Also included is a book review, a collection of historical photos and many other intresting tidbits along with tombstone corner..The following journal will boast some very nice pieces by Bob Winter, Jeffery King, Mike Koch and yours truly, as well as others...

posted Hide Post
Another great issue of the Oklahombres Journal, Vol XXII No 1, was mailed Saturday so I imagine most of you in Oklahoma will receive it today.

If you are not a member and want to join us it is so easy. Send a check for $25 (in the US or $35 if you live outside of the US) made payable to "OKlahombrs, Inc" to
Oklahombres, Inc.
PO Box 10967,
Oklahoma City, OK
73140-1967

You will receive the latest issue of the Journal when we receive your dues check.

Dennis Lippe, Treasurer
Oklahombres, Inc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dennis,

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! to R.D. and Naomi Morgan for another FANTASTIC Journal!

I received Volume XXII No. 2 (Winter 2011) in yesterday's (Tuesday's) mail, and it is an EXCELLENT issue . . . possibly, one of the best ever.

The cover photo of Rogers County Officer J. Hurt Flippen is so sharp and clear that it practically jumps-off-the-page at the reader. All of the stories are extremely interesting and exciting. All of the photos and graphics and maps are displayed beautifully . . . the entire Journal is GREAT! Perfection!

Thank You very much.

posted Hide Post
Thank you and thanks to Dennis and Karen for doing their part.....

posted Hide Post
Folks we have had exactly one very short story sent in for this upcoming journal..Without stories there can be no journal..R. D.