Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rick Mattix
 Login/Join

posted
Folks, just for your information: Long time Oklahombres contributor Rick "Maddog" Mattix has cancer and is in a bad way. He is currently in Iowa Methodist Hospital. Rick can use your prayers and thoughts at this time...Ron Morgan

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear it. Thoughts and prayers for him.
Martha.

Posts: 169 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Rick will get well soon. He is an asset to gangster history.
Al Grooms

Posts: 20 | Registered: Wed August 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

I was sadden to hear of Rick's sickness. He has been a long time member and friend to Oklahombres and me. I pray for his well-being and recovery.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

For those of you who wish to reach Rick Mattix his room number is Powell 361, phone number (515) 241-8761. If you wish to send a card or write to him, please address it to Rick & Linda Mattix, 701 Jackson Street, Bussey, Iowa 50044. Thanks.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend Rick Mattix passed away last night..G-d rest his soul...R. D.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Webmaster
posted Hide Post
This is very sad news. I did not know Rick really well, but did meet him at some of our Oklahombres programs. Over the years, Rick has contributed greatly to the lawman and outlaw history community. He was friendly to all, and of course he was an expert on the midwestern gangsters.

It is amazing to me how people like Rick have given so much time and effort in SHARING information. Rick seemed to enjoy researching, writing, editing, and publishing too. He has left behind a legacy of knowledge that will never loose it's value to historians.

Rick, we salute you.....you are a genuine Hombre! May you rest in peace.

Dee Cordry
dcordry@gmail.com
Oklahombres.org webmaster

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences to Rick Mattix's family and friends.
Martha.

Posts: 169 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just now learning of Rick's illness and passing,and offer my condolences to his family,friends and fans.
I never had the pleasure of meeting Rick,but I've loved his work on Depression-era gangsters over the years,and got to enjoy some good email conversations with him.

A pleasure to know the Mad Dog!I wish him rest.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mon January 10 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post