Find
Notify
Tools

2009 rendezvous in Madill
 Login/Join

<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

Plans are under to have a rendezvous at Madill, oklahoma the weekend of April 25-26, 2009. Ron Morgan and myself are coordinating this event at the moment. The Marshall County Historical Society is allowing us to use their facility for a meeting place. More news on this event will be forthcoming. We plan to discuss the "Last Shootout" between Wiley Lynn and OSBI Agent Crockett Long at the Corner Drug Store at Madill, The First National bank robbery at Mill Creek, Oklahoma, involving the Smalley brothers, Fred Hamner, and soon to be running partner of "Pretty Boy" Floyd, Adam Richetti; the murder at Stringtown of Deputy Sheriff Eugene Moore at the hands of the Barrow gang; along with other law enforcement officers who were killed or died while performing their duties. We thought it would be a good idea to honor both Long and Moore with a wreath at their grave sites too. We also plan to have a Board meeting and elections, so anyone wishing to be nominated for a position on the Board who may not be able to attend please send in you name to Dee Cordy or myself. We are announcing these dates early enough to encourage a large turnout. A field trip will also be planned on Sunday, which will include at trip for those wishing to travel northward towards Tulsa, to see the new historical monument place at the site of the Moore killing, for those Bonnie & Clyde enthusiast. Lets make Oklahombres 20 anniversary one of our largest and best rendezvous ever. Thanks!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike
Just got on and heard about this rendezvous. Just wanted to know if maybe you be able to fit someone in to speak. A writer, Jeff Guinn out of Fort Worth that has came out with a new book, called "Go Down Together' The True, untold story, of Bonnie and Clyde. It's due out by the 13h of this month. Rick Mattix and me have worked with him on this book and just got a copy the other day. I have already read it and as Rick said "An eye-opener that will set historians and crime buffs alike talking for a long time to come." Alot of unknown facts and he will be interviewed in the US Today the week of March 6 to 13th, need to look for it. I have contacted him about coming to Oklahoma to speak but trying to find somewhere to have it. I can contact him but he working on his next book but he promise he would come to speak if he can make it. Just thought I would see if maybe we can fix him up at this time or somewhere else here in OKlahoma. Have any Ideas? well talk at you later

Terry Whitehead

Posts: 14 | Location: Blackwell, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Fri January 09 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi Terry,

Please have this author contact me at Packers52@Valornet.com and we can see what we can do at this late time in planning. It would be good to have a new fresh author concerning Bonne & Clyde at this rendezvous and if he can appear, we will do our best to work him in to some speaking time. Thanks.

Mike Koch

Reply With QuoteReport This Post