OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Lawmen & Outlaws Day - Muskogee - Three Rivers Museum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawmen & Outlaws Day - Muskogee - Three Rivers Museum
 Login/Join

posted
Art posted this, but thought I would also post the official information. I am hopeful that we will have a good showing of OklahombreS members at this event. This is an annual event for our museum in Muskogee. We would welcome an OklahombreS booth be set up, etc for recruitment of new members:

Lawmen & Outlaws Day

Saturday

June 28, 2008

10a.m."”4p.m.

Three Rivers Museum
220 Elgin"”Muskogee, OK
www.3riversmuseum.com

$5 adults, $2 students

10:00"”"The Stories of U.S. Deputy Marshal Eugene Bracken" presented by Bill Black, Superintendent, Ft. Smith Historic Site

11:00"”"The Outlaw Cherokee Bill" presented by Art Burton, author, historian

12:30 – Recognition of Bass Reeves Centennial with the Muskogee Police Department. This will include stories by Bass Reeves Re-enactor"”Baridi Nkokheli

1:00"” Caravan Tour to sites related to Cherokee Bill and the Cook Gang

Other Items throughout the day will include the following:

Exhibits by Muskogee Law Enforcement, U. S. Marshals Service, Citizens Police Academy, Muskogee Police Department's K-9 unit, SWAT unit, uniformed officers.

We will also be kicking off a fund raiser at the event to come up with funding for the creation of a special lifelike Bass Reeves Manequin that would be displayed in the Three Rivers Museum.

Also Come dressed as your favorite lawman or outlaw and receive a prize!!!

If you are interested in staying overnight I will attach information concerning the official Hotel at the event.

This is an event that should be very enjoyable for OklahombreS members. I look forward to seeing you there.

Roger Bell
OklahombreS member

Posts: 26 | Registered: Sat February 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post