New
Find
Notify
Tools

System Test by OKhombre
 Login/Join

Webmaster
posted
Hello and welcome to the all new OKLAHOMBRES ONLINE. The new focus of this web site is the message board, where you are invited to share news, information, and inquiries with other users of the system. Enjoy your visit!

Dee Cordry
okhombre@ionet.net

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Webmaster
posted Hide Post
This message board is based on "Topics" and replies to those topics. A new topic can be anything you may wish to post a message about. Or, you may prefer to reply to messages. Try out the system and get the hang of it. Good luck!

Dee Cordry
okhombre@ionet.net

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi Dee,

I looked at the web page and registered as best I could as I did not understand some areas. Bye for Now.

Sincerely, Mike Koch

M.Koch

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello: I'm not sure that this is where I should be posting the following information, but here goes. My grandfather was William Thomas Beams who was the Sheriff of Pittsburg County, Oklahoma in the 1920's-30's. He died before I was born so I didn't get to know him. I found a short article in the Pittsburg County Historical Society Newsletter "Tobucksky News", Volume 19, No. 2, May, 2002. This was taken from an interview with J.H. Steward, May 19, 1937. " Tom Beams was a Choctaw officer of Pittsburg County for thirty-two years before and after statehood, both in Pittsburg and Toboxi (Coal) County. He was a permit collector, Choctaw Officer, deputy sheriff and one term as Sheriff. Someone went to Tom Beams and told him that something should be done with Archibull's (sic) children, that both women were dead, and the stock was all gone and they had gone wild. I guess they were just living on what they could hunt. They lived in an out of the way place, you had to cross the Scipio (River) two miles from the mouth of it, where it went into the Canadian (River), or go around the mountain. Tom Beams felt very bad about not knowing about them, as if he had neglected them and it was his fault. He and three or four men on horses went there and sure enough they were as wild as turkeys. He first roped the boy and tied him up then they roped the girl and took them and sent them to school. The boy lives in Eufaula now, I'm not sure where the girl is; they made a fine man and woman, half Choctaw and half Creek. Tom Beams's mother and brother live close to Ulan, anybody in Ulan can give you directions to their home. The brother is 61 years old. Tom Beams took sick and they had to operate on him, and when you operate on a Choctaw you might as well cut off his head. For some reason he will die and I don't know why." We now know that my grandfather died of acute appendicitis. I have no way of knowing when the above events took place I hope I have added the the body of information being compiled. Regards. B. Fred Beams, Proud grandson of Tom Beams

B. Fred

Posts: 1 | Location: Mission Viejo, California, USA | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, My name is Jerry Walker, and I have an interest in this field. So, I thought I'd check out what is here. Feel free to contact me, I am just another person trying to learn. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post