OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Is a spring rendezvous being planned?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a spring rendezvous being planned?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi "” just trying to see how this spring will line up on my schedule. Is a spring (or later) rendezvous being planned? If so, I'd like to suggest it not be set too near the annual meeting of the Oklahoma Historical Society, April 12-14 in OKC. In any case, hope we're planning a get-together soon; I haven't made one since Anadarko '04. Much too long.
"”Greg Olds, Austin, Tx.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Wed July 05 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a notice in the WOLA SaddleBag Newsletter, Spring, 2007 received this pas week the Oklahombres Rendezvous is scheduled for May 17, 18, 19, 2007 at Guthrie, Oklahoma. The rendezvous location will be at the Oklahoma Territorial Museum on Oklahoma Avenue in historic Guthrie. Recommended lodging is with the Guthrie Best Western. This informaion was provided to the WOLA Saddlebag Newsletter by Dee Cordry.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

If possible it might be a good idea to post an updated schedule of events for the May rendezvous, which is just around the corner! Several people have asked about wanting and needing some details to the program; ie: speakers; topics, dates and times, and field trips to be taken if any. I have told some people that Dee is taking care of this, but since we are so close I feel it would be a good idea to post this information ASAP!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the tenative agenda for the Oklahombres Centennial Rendezvous, Thursday, May 17 thru Saturday, May 19th in Guthrie at the Oklahoma Territorrial Museum. The final days agneda still being worked out.

THURSDAY, May 17th

08:00am Registration
09:00am Dr. Bob Blackburn, OHS
10:00am Roger Myers – Doolin gang in Kansas
11:00am SPECIAL EVENT – researching lawmen & outlaws

Noon – lunch

1:00pm Robert Barr Smith – Oklahoma Territory Lawmen & Outlaws
2:00pm OETA documentary, "Dead or Alive"
3:00pm OHS archives division speaker
04:00pm Field trip – Boot Hill, Guthrie cemetery

FRIDAY, May 18th

09:00am R. D. Morgan – Oklahoma hiwayman James Nolan Clark
10:00am Dee Cordry – State Sleuth Slain: Luther Bishop

Noon – lunch

1:00pm Bob Ernst – Incidents in Indian Territory
2:00pm Mike Tower – Lawman Charles Woorley
3:00pm Diron Ahlquist – Pistol Pete, Truth vs. Myth
4:00pm Field trip – to be announced

SATURDAY, May 19th

09:00am Art Burton – Lawman Bass Reeves
10:00am Mike Koch – The Kimes Brothers Trail of Blood

Noon – lunch

01:00pm OK Territorial Museum speaker
02:00pm
03:00pm
04:00pm

Most of those attending will be staying at the Best Western Territorial Inn. Call 1-888-282-8831 or 405-282-8831 for reservations.
Rendezvous Regestration Fee will be $30 for all three days. See ya' all there.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 148 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I've had several inquiries and will make sure they get the information.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post