New
Find
Notify
Tools

john phillips
 Login/Join

posted
Any information on john phillips marshel killed in 1888

Posts: 3 | Location: wellington texas | Registered: Tue February 03 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wayne,
Contact me by e-mail and I will send you copies of the articles we have on Deputy U S Marshal John Phillips and his posseman William Whitson who were shot and killed June 30, 1888, 20 miles east of Eufaula, Indian Territory. Phillips and Whitson were killed when they attempted to arrest Wesley Barnett,his brother Watie Barnett and San Lopka. Deputy Phillips had arrest warrants for Wesley Barnett and San Lopka. Watie Barnett was also killed in the shootout but the other two men escaped.
Wesley Barnett was later killed in another shootout with Deputy U S Marshals on January 13, 1889, near Okmulgee.
Deputy Phillips had 3 possemen, William Kelly, Mark Kuykendall and Henry Smith, killed near the same area on the night of January 17, 1887.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial, Inc.
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: OKLEMEMORIAL@aol.com
www.oklemem.com

Posts: 146 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
some information on John Phillilps at link below.
http://okolha.net/pettigrew_phillips.htm

Posts: 6 | Registered: Fri December 08 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark Kuykendall

Any information on Mark Kuykendall, his parents and family, where he originally came from? I have Kuykendalls from Kentucky in the early 1800's and was wondering if Mark might have been related.

Posts: 48 | Location: Shasta Lake City, CA | Registered: Tue December 30 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you help me to identify the parents of Watie and Wesley Barnett ( -1888 or 89) I need birth/death dates for these brothers and their parents' names/birth&death dates. Thx.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sun January 15 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post