OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Oklahoma Law Enforcement Museum and Hall of Fame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma Law Enforcement Museum and Hall of Fame
 Login/Join

posted
There recently was an organizational meeting of businessmen, law enforcement organizations and others interested in establishing an Oklahoma Law Enforcement Museum and Hall of Fame. An old building built in the late 1800's that sets on Highway 66 in downtown Chandler, OK has been donated for this purpose. Though the planning is still in the early stages, considering the people involved I am sure we will see this long over due project materialize. So start dusting off those old badges, guns, uniforms, wanted posters and any other law enforcement items that you would like to see displayed on a permanent basis. I will keep you all posted as the plans progress and the Museum finally becomes a reality.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is fantastic and as you said long overdue!
Any idea on whether or not this is museum will include a full staff (ie director, curator, research librarian, etc)?

Will it be an accredited museum?

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Bob Blackburn from OHS was at the first meeting also. I would hope the answer is "Yes" to all parts of your question but I do not know at this time. They are working on organizing as a 501(c) 3 group and will apply for grants. I was not at the first meeting but I am in contact with the group. Hope they will help us with the building of a new Law Enforcement Memorial later.

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

Great news!!! Sounds like a job opening for Diron, huh!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I was hinting at Mike Ha! Ha!

Good call my friend!

I graduate from OU in December so...who knows.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, what is the latest news on this museum?

Posts: 47 | Location: Pawnee | Registered: Fri June 17 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did this Museum materialize? Would be an attraction I would be interested in. I am looking for old Wanted Posters as I 'THINK' I may have stumbled onto some pictures of old time Oklahoma Outlaws. Any ideas where I might look??

Posts: 4 | Location: southweat | Registered: Wed February 26 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post