oklahombres.org
More Oklahoma Renegades

This topic can be found at:
http://oklahombres.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2606031484/m/75510242831

Wed January 10 2007, 09:33 PM
oldwest
More Oklahoma Renegades
"More Oklahoma Renegades" by Ken Butler will be available at your local bookstore in May of 2007.

According to Pelican Publishing Company's Spring Catalog for 2007 (pg 15), this exciting new book, consisting of 28 Chapters of some of Ken's greatest stories about the Outlaws and Lawmen of Oklahoma.
Soft Cover/400 pages/99 Photographs/6 Maps/ Biblio/Index. $16.95

The stories (ALL in one volume) includes:

Wesley Barnett-Terror of the Creek Indian Nation;
The Devious Outlaw Career of Bob Rogers;
No Heroes Were There (Beer City, "No Man's Land");
Justice Was Evade In "No Man's Land"-The Massacre at Wild Horse Lake;
"Black-Faced" Charley Bryant's Blazing Moment of Glory;
Clyde Mattox-An Oklahoma Hellion;
The Passing of the Oklahoma Outlaw;
The Troublesome Stevenson Brothers;
Bits of History From Keokuk Falls;
Dr. Beemblossom Becomes a Sleuth (Re: Bert Casey Gang);
Ambush & Murder of (Mack Alred & Cicero Davis) In Creek County;
Ira N. Terrill-Oklahoma's First Lawmaker -Lawbreaker;
The McIntosh County Seat War;
A Night of Vengeance in Wewoka (Lynching of John Cudjo);
The First Prison Break At Big Mack;
Outlaw Tom Slaughter-Even His Name Spelled Death;
Ed Lockhart-An Outlaw From Sallisaw;
Joe Davis-Charged With Many Crimes But Seldom Convicted;
Bank Robbery Fiasco At Salt Springs-End Of An Era?;
The Oglesby Brothers And The OCPD;
The Cunningham Brothers-Bank Robbers & Petty Thieves;
Bessie's Heroic Banker;
A Rape & Double Murder (of Griffith Sisters) In Kay County;
George Birdwell-Bank Robber, Blunder At Boley; The Kidnapping of Charles F. Urschel;
The Hanging of Arthur Gooch;
Texas Officers Shot 'Em Dead In Oklahoma; and, Murray Humphreys-A Chicago Crime Boss And His Oklahoma Connection.

To Order Early - Contact www.pelicanpub.com
Thu January 11 2007, 07:30 AM
<MKoch>
Hi all,

Also coming out from Pelican Press in April 2007 is "One Hundred Oklahoma Outlaws, Gangsters, and Lawmen, 1839-1939," by Dan Anderson with Larry Yadon and edited by Robert Barr Smith.
Fri January 12 2007, 08:16 AM
Diron
Ken Butler was a fantastic person and a truly missed member of Oklahombres. His articles have appeared numerous times in the Oklahombres Journal. This new book will be a welcome addition to our heritage.

Larry Yadon is also a member of Oklahombres and I know from talking with him that he and his co-author have been working very hard on their book for several years. It is also greatly anticipated by all historians.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.
Tue January 30 2007, 08:53 PM
oldwest
Ken Butler's new book, entitled "More Oklahoma Renegades", due to be released in May 2007, is being offered on AMAZON.COM for the Pre-Order price of $11.53. (Retail $16.95) Great buy!

The "first printing" of this great book by our friend, Ken Butler, is sure to be a treasured "keeper" in anyone's Western Americana library. Soft cover, 400 pages, 99 photographs, index, biblio, and more.
Thu February 01 2007, 09:59 AM
Diron
I just checked out the listing on Amazon.com and there is a nice write-up on Ken's membership in Oklahombres.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Fri August 10 2007, 09:45 PM
oldwest
Ken Butler's new book, entitled "More Oklahoma Renegades", is finally here . . . finished, DONE, IT IS HERE and headed for a bookstore near you. Pre-release orders should be arriving at your door, soon. When I came home this afternoon, several cartons of this GREAT book were sitting on my front porch.

IT LOOKS FANTASTIC! TWENTY-EIGHT CHAPTERS, CONSISTING OF SOME OF KEN'S BEST "OUTLAW & LAWMAN" STORIES . . . IN 384 PAGES (SOFT COVER), INCLUDING "OVER 100" PHOTOS, ARTIST SKETCHES, AND MAPS! MANY PHOTOS, SUCH AS THE ONLY KNOWN PHOTO OF OUTLAW BERT CASEY, APPEARING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN PRINT. BIBLIOGRAPHY, INDEX. $16.95

ISBN # 9781589804647

PELICAN PUBLISHING
1000 Burmster Street
Gretna, Louisiana 70053
1-800-843-1724
www.pelicanpub.com
Mon August 13 2007, 10:49 AM
Diron
Ken's new book is fantastic. I have just finished reading an advanced copy and it is roughly twice the size of the his first book and is absolutely LOADED with photographs.

I would definitely recommend picking up a copy to add to your law enforcement collection.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Fri September 07 2007, 09:23 AM
Oklahoma Kid
The new book by the late Ken Butler is a testimony to his great research and writing skills on Oklahoma history. It is a living legacy that we all can benefit from and enjoy for years to come.