OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Information regarding Indian Territory D.Marshals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information regarding Indian Territory D.Marshals
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for resources to help in my research of the Deputy Marshals who worked Indian Territory between the years 1875-1889. I've focused on the black marshals of that era, and would like any help finding information on the subject.

Author, Publisher of Ebony Marshal

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mon July 12 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to contact Art T. Burton at atb6026@aol.com
Art has researched and written extensively on the black marshals of the Indian/Oklahoma Territories. He also wrote a book, Black, Red and Deadly: Black and Indian Gunfighters of the Indian Territory, 1870-1907. (Eakin Press)
Art is also a board member of Oklahombres.

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Art's email is atb60426@aol.com. Sorry about the earlier miscue.

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks. I'll contact him

Author, Publisher of Ebony Marshal

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mon July 12 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an article on Black Marshals on the following web page.

http://okolha.net/negromarshal.htm

Posts: 6 | Registered: Fri December 08 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post