OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Looking for information about Otis B. Weaver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for information about Otis B. Weaver
 Login/Join

posted
Otis B. Weaver was my Great Grand Uncle. He was quite a character in the state of Oklahoma from what I understand. He lived in Ada and founded the newspaper there. Would love any info that you great historians may have!

Thanks
Cathy

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sun January 11 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cathy:
An article was written about Carlton Waver, the brother of Otis.
Carlton Waver, bonr Aug, 1881 at Mount Vernon, TX was son of henry Mamilton and Letitia English Weaver. Carlton died 1947 at his home near Wilburton, OK.
His Granparents on his father's side was William D. and Amelia Weaver, both of Tennessee.
Letitia was daughter of Campbell English, an early settler of Texa who held land grants and was a notary public commissioned under Governor Sam Houton.
Carlton and Otis were associates and purchased the Ada Weekly News in 1902 and re-created Ada Daily News in 1903. Both were prominent citizens and did a lot of good for Oklahoma!

In 1904 was a news article in the The Tishomingo News, 1904 that said "Otis Weaver was in the city on business".

I am sure there is much more on him.

Norm Brown

Posts: 89 | Location: Justiceburg Station, TX | Registered: Thu March 27 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post