OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres & Webmaster Announcements    Jacob Finney Myers from Shawnee Oklahoma, Also Looking for George and William Myers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jacob Finney Myers from Shawnee Oklahoma, Also Looking for George and William Myers
 Login/Join

posted
Searching for the Jacob Finney Myers family that lived in the Shawnee Oklahoma area at one time. Jacob was born about 1842 in Illinois. Had two children, William M Myers born April 14, 1885 in Shawnee and George Sidney Myers born in Texas. Jacob claimed to be a United States Marshal when found in Boise Idaho 1902. He was on the run when leaving June 24, 1902 with his wife Dora leaving the boys in Boise. Jacob Finney Myers might of had a wife called America L Myers who was we were told a full blooded Cherokee Indian. He left her in either Shawnee or Earlsboro Oklahoma. Might of died from gun shot in Montana in a train robbery. He went by JF Myers, Jacob Myers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skip Myers,

Posts: 13 | Location: Shawnee, Earlsboro, Ft Smith | Registered: Mon October 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Virgil White's Marshal book and he is not listed.
I also have over 3,000 marshals and deputy marshals on my list and he is not listed there.
sorry.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Fri December 08 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your looking for me into the Myers name. I feel he was from the Shawnee area. My email is dplac2@juno.com . Please contact me. I plan to be in Oklahoma in a few weeks to do some searching. Jacob Myers listed in a newspaper he was a Marshal when leaving Idaho. Thats why the question.
Thanks..

Posts: 13 | Location: Shawnee, Earlsboro, Ft Smith | Registered: Mon October 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ses59:
I have Virgil White's Marshal book and he is not listed.
I also have over 3,000 marshals and deputy marshals on my list and he is not listed there.
sorry.

Do you have John Carroll U.S. Marshal listed and do you have the area where he worked out of. Knowing he was in Ft Smith, how far did he go. Was it into the Oklahoma territory going to Claremore or down to Shawnee?