OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Rick Mattix' book on The Barkers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rick Mattix' book on The Barkers
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,all...

I am just now learning about Rick's passing back in November,and am so saddened at this news.
Never had the pleasure of meeting him,but he and I had some great email chats about all things crime.

He'd mentioned he was working on a book on The Barkers and I'm wondering/hoping his efforts will be published someday.

Rick - one of the greats!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mon January 10 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rick and myself worked together on what we dubbed the "Barker book to end all Barker books" as a joint effort for several years before he got sick and I was injured in an accident..After Rick's death I have not felt the urge to continue without his guidence and expertise..Rick had researched the subject for decades....R. D.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps someday,the urge will return to complete
yours and Rick's masterwork on The Barkers.

Please accept my condolences for the loss of Rick,and for having been injured in an accident.

My best to you and yours.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mon January 10 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya, you and my publisher both but I wouldn't even consider writing the Barker saga without Rick's input..Doubt I could do it justice...Thanks for your concern tho...P.S. Al Grooms is finishing up an excellent book on Alvin Karpis...

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post