OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Need Information for Genealogy Research
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Information for Genealogy Research
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a journal that deals with Just crimes that were commited in early day Oklahmoa (IT) and lawmen from that era? I'm still researching my family tree and at this point I'm interested in the Choctaw Light Horesmen and Specifically Benjamin Frranklin Jones who wass Sheriff of what was then Tobucksy County, Oklahoma, Now Pittsburg County. He was shot and killed in Septembe 1876, by Robert Reams. I've not been able to find any more information about BF Jones. If any one has info I would love to have it He wass the Brother of my Grand Father Charles Jefferson Jones. He is supposed to be listed in "The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc.'s" web site, www.odmp.org but I can not find him there.

Posts: 26 | Location: home | Registered: Mon May 31 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Franklin Jones is listed on the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial web site with a brief description of his death. oklemem.com/

Posts: 37 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma | Registered: Sat February 12 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that link, I didn't even think of useing it, and I have used it to find info about other relatives and those they worked with them.

Posts: 26 | Location: home | Registered: Mon May 31 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Below is the link to another page of this website in which we discussed B.F. Jones previously:

http://oklahombres.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5176036794/m/51410581911

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Diron, I must have posted this in the wrong forum or I would have seen Jerry's posts.