OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    OCPD Officer Isaac "Ike" Ashburn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OCPD Officer Isaac "Ike" Ashburn
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any information on Isaac D. "Ike" Ashburn who was an Oklahoma City Police Officer from 1897-1929? Would be much appreciated.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary/Editor Oklahombres Journal

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diron,
In his Memorial file we have several newspaper articles on his death,plus his story from Page 40 of Ron Owens "Oklahoma Heroes" and the article "History of the Oklahoma City Police Department, Part 2, 1907-1930, Statehood, Politics and Prohibition" by Ed Hill and Ron Owens which appeared on Pages 7-17 of the Spring 1994 issue of the Oklahombres Journal.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 149 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Old West>
posted
In Ron Owens' book "Oklahoma Justice", the great chronicle of the Oklahoma City Police Department, one can find references to Officer Ashburn on pages xiii, 31, 40, 42, 44, 47, 56, 72, 83, 87, 89, 95, 96, 309, 311, 312, & 313. There are also photographs of him on pages 31, 40, and 95.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Guest>
posted
Mr. Old West,
I've been told by several people that if you use & in a series, then your next series should also have it - not and.
Hot footing to collage.

<Guesswho>
posted
Dear Ms Guest,

From the book of "Ampersand Etiquette": ampersand (am'per-sand'), n. {and per se and, lit., (the sign) & by itself (is) "and"}, a sign meaning "and": it represents the e of the Latin word et, and.

I hadn't realized until now that the zoological collage, that you attended so-o-o-o many years ago, was such a fine Liberal Arts institution, as well, inspiring you in so many unrelated subjects and fields of knowledge, such as, arcane facts on prehistoric fishes, "grammer", and, now, Editing. You are a true Renaissance "Person" of the First Order.

Thanks for clearing up the "&" versus "and" controversy. I'll try not to ever let that happen again!

<Dennis>
posted
Thanks for the info Old West. Someday I hope to get copies of all of the related pages of all of our books in each of the officer's files. Have not had a chance to do "Oklahoma Justice" yet.