Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New book..Soon
 Login/Join

posted
Boys and girls I've just sent my latest and likely my last book into the publisher.Probably be on the shelves next summer or fall.Titled "Irish O'Malley and the Ozark Mountain Boys." It was blast to research and write..Took five years to complete and am I glad it's out of my hair at last..It covers the exploits of a band of 1930s outlaws that robbed nearly a dozen banks, including two in Okemah, Ok...They also broke out of the Muskogee jail killing an officer in the proccess and every member of the gang was either killed or ended up in Alcatraz..Your next Oklahombres Journal includes the story of that bloody Muskogee jail breakout...R. D.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron:
Was that thte same Irish OMalley that later went to Kanssas City and became aligned with Vivian Chase?
Al Grooms

Posts: 20 | Registered: Wed August 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vivian was involved with O'Malley in St. Louis back in '33, a year or more before the Okemah robberies..They both participated in the Luer kidnapping...Ron

posted Hide Post
In my research for my book about alvin Karpis, I found a clipping about Vivian Chase's death.
I also found some references to her and Irish O'Malley in FBI files about the Barker-Karpis Gang. I bet hers is a fascinating story and would make a good book.
I've thought about writing a book about
Women Gangsters and women of Gangsters.The research should turn up some fascinating stuff.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Wed August 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest book "Irish O'Malley and the Ozark Mountain Boys" was released yesterday and is available from New Forums Press online...Should be available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and area bookstores in a few weeks...*Took six years to complete this one...R. D.