New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Old Sparky"
 Login/Join

maddog
posted
Ron Morgan has added to his ever-expanding website a wonderful history of McAlester electrocutions, filled with case histories and interesting details. Check it out (and tons of other fascinating articles) at: www.geocities.com/ezlane2002/

Rick Mattix

Posts: 98 | Registered: Thu November 27 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

This is good information! Thanks for sharing this with are members and/or readers.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

I would like to recommend a new book by William Helmer and Rick Mattix, which is "The Complete Public Enemy Almanac." This is an excellent reference book of gangsters and their criminal activities from the 1920s to the 1940s. Helmer and Mattix originally came out with the same type of book in 1998, so it appears to be an update. It has an impressive cover with photo's of well-known gangsters, bullet holes and blood stains. It should be a good addition to anyone's library of gangster books. Wish you both well in this new book!!! See it's cover and description on www.amazon.com.
Mike Koch

maddog
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the plug! I was never really satisfied with our 1998 book, Public Enemies, but honestly feel that the new work, The Complete Public Enemy Almanac, is the most comprehensive and accurate reference work to date on the gangster era. It's massively rewritten and corrected and with several additional chapters and sidebars, and hundreds of new photos, illustrations, and headlines. You can check out a fuller description, along with the entry from Cumberland's Spring catalog, at:
www.geocities.com/teaser_4224/CompletePublicEnemyAlmanac.html

Rick Mattix

Posts: 98 | Registered: Thu November 27 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really like to check out Ron's history of McAlester electrocutions, but when I click on the link I don't get anything. Is there another url or something I can use to access it?

Posts: 51 | Location: Leflore County Oklahoma | Registered: Wed January 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

Check Oklahoma DOC's web page on ececutions in Oklahoma. It will show names, dates, county of offense and crime of offender.

Mike

posted Hide Post
The website is no longer online.I did add an exspanded version of the "Old Sparky" story in my newest book, due out in hardback this fall, titled, "Taming the Sooner State." Also included a lengthy story concerning Rich Owen...Ron

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!! I am doing my dissertation on capital punishment in Oklahoma and need all the help I can get!!

Posts: 51 | Location: Leflore County Oklahoma | Registered: Wed January 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron: Can you give me some publication information on the book? I would like to get it as soon as possible. I did a search on Barnes and Noble which sometimes allows you to pre-order books before their publication, but I didn't get a hit.