Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auburn B. Crow
 Login/Join

posted
I received a request for information about a gang of robbers from around Ft Smith. They were involved in a shootout with police where an officer was killed, one of the robbers was paralyzed after being shot and spent the rest of his life in the Oklahoma state prison. Another robber was shot and killed in the shoot out. His name was Auburn B. Crow and his date of death was September 2, 1931, according to his tomb stone.
This sounds close to the story of the Cunningham boys who killed Stephens County Sheriff Waldo Williams on May 13, 1930, but the dates are off by more than a year.
Any info would be appreciated.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 149 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dennis I don't recall the names of the suspects but there was a shootout on South Y st. in Fort Smith on that date. Capt. William Bourland was shot and killed, as was one of the bad guys. The other 2 suspects were shot and I don't have my files handy and don't know the disposition of them. Officer Ralph Howard, who was with Capt. Bourland, was also shot and wounded. He died on the 4th.

"I wasn't but 145 pounds but I had a good pistol" T.W."Buckshot" Lane, Sheriff Warton County Texas

Posts: 20 | Location: North Little Rock, Ar. U.S..A. | Registered: Sat December 13 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post