Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ragtown (Wirt), Oklahoma
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone out there researching or have researched Ragtown (Wirt), Oklahoma which is located in western Carter County? Such a rich history there.

If so I would like to communicate with you. Specifically looking to date some old photos that I have managed to scrounge up.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 pictures with Ardhoma Oil Co. on them and my grandfather worked in the oil field at Wirt, Okla. in 1917. Do you know if this company was in Wirt?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri June 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. I'm still reading old newspapers and need to recheck a few of the ones I have read. I do not recall haveing seen anything with "Ardhoma Oil Co., on them. However, that was such a large field, it probably was there.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just keyed in on your post about Rag Town.

I am writing about a Deputy marshal and he wrote "In 1912, I came back to Ardmore and became Assistant Chief of police under D. N. Booker, one of my old companions of Paris days. I was there 3 years, adn tehn went out to the one and only Rag Town. But that is another story in itself."
He went there around 1915 but he said no more about it.

This man was G. R. Tucker and I do not have any photos but seek same as well as any info on Rag Town.
Thanks

Posts: 92 | Location: Justiceburg Station, TX | Registered: Thu March 27 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post