New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Kimes Info
 Login/Join

Webmaster
posted
There is a book for sale on Amazon.com named The Mother, The Son, and The Socialite, written by Adrian Havill. This book concerns Kenneth Kimes. At Amazon.com it is now possible to search the contents of numerous books. You can go to the page for this particular book at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0312970692/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-9103944-6560848#reader-link

At this page you will see a box called "Search this book." Type in Matt or Terrill and you will see displayed pages from the book which describe the Kimes brothers of 1920's Oklahoma as cousins to the Kenneth Kimes in this new book.

Kind of interesting.

Dee Cordry
dcordry@gmail.com
Oklahombres.org webmaster

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<M. Koch>
posted
This is another suspected cousin story of the old Kimes family of outlaws from the 1920's which has popped up before. A man by the name of Roy Kimes in the late 1940's, another supposed cousin of Matt and George Kimes was arrested in Crawford County, Arkansas for the Chester, Arkansas double post office break-in's located at the Neal grocery store in April of 1949. I would like to see the documentation for this relative of the old Kimes' family from Crawford County, Arkansas.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the freshman football team of southeastern state,(durant) played the prison team in 1950. we played on the rodeo grounds and not a blade of grass was to be found. that had to be longest football game in history. we were told that matt or george kimes was the time keeper and didn't want the game to end. truth????.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Thu January 08 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<M. Koch>
posted
No, Matt Kimes died in North Little Rock, Arkansas in December of 1945. George was still at the state prison at McAlester and being over 45 years old, I doubt he was playing football in 1950.

<gtcobb@cox.net>
posted
although i do believe there were some players in their 40's (one called time out and sat up, lite a cigarette and waited for the stretcher to carry him off the field sitting up with legs folded indian style) we were told that a kimes was the time keeper not a player.

<M. Koch>
posted
One can only speculate as to this mystery you have developed. I guess it is possible, but to me just doubtful as George had just been caught and returned to O.S.P. in the late 1940's after escaping from prison. I just don't think they would have let him out as a trusty that soon.

posted Hide Post
According to prison records, George Kimes was assigned to work in the athletic department at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary on February 13, 1950. He remained in that job assignment until December 27, 1951 when he was reassigned to the book bindery. He very likely was the time keeper.
quote:
Originally posted by gtcobb:
the freshman football team of southeastern state,(durant) played the prison team in 1950. we played on the rodeo grounds and not a blade of grass was to be found. that had to be longest football game in history. we were told that matt or george kimes was the time keeper and didn't want the game to end. truth????.

Posts: 1 | Location: Oklahoma Department of Corrections | Registered: Tue July 05 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New facts are always right around the corner,just waiting for the next "I know everything."

"I wasn't but 145 pounds but I had a good pistol" T.W."Buckshot" Lane, Sheriff Warton County Texas

Posts: 20 | Location: North Little Rock, Ar. U.S..A. | Registered: Sat December 13 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have information about why the Kimes murdered the Sasakwa farmer. My granddad was a good friend of the Sasakwa fellow and of course some things were passed down, but I would like to hear any thing that others might know. My great, great grandmother Lucinda Barnes was an aunt to Lucindia Barnes, who is in the photo on this website. She was also the mother in law of the murdered man. (I believe I have that correct)
thanks

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sun July 31 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
In Chapter 44 of my new book "The Kimes Gang" I tell of the death of George Epperly, a fifty-five-year-old farmer. Nellie Kimes, just 17-years-old at that time, Billie Roberts and David Palmer were all arrested on March 1, 1928 for Epperly's death. Nellie was the sister of Matt & George Kimes. According to the girls, Epperly made passes at Roberts, which she repulsed. Epperly then drew a gun and snapped it twice. Roberts struck Epperly with a club as Nellie wrestled the gun from him. Although murder charges were filed on all three suspects, they were dismissed on May 9, 1929.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, that is interesting. We were always told that George was stabbed a number of times, as many as 20, as part of the murder. Do you suppose the transcript of the court proceeding is still available? I know I obtained some court records for when my granddad killed his stepfather in 1927. I live close to that court house.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sun July 31 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just was surfing the web and came a cross this page I saw the name Roy Kimes and Chester Arkansas I grew up in Chester I would like some info on chester if any one knows any

Posts: 2 | Registered: Wed July 26 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

Check out my book on the Kimes gang, which has some information on families in the Arkansas area. "The Kimes Gang" can be purchased at Authorhouse, the publisher, or at Barnes & Noble book stores.

posted Hide Post
Kimes Info for "kimescousin"!

Posts: 195 | Registered: Mon December 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post