OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Hello, I was wondering if anyone might know what a title on a badge means
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might know what a title on a badge means
 Login/Join

posted
The title of the Badge is Special Deputy State Enforcement Officer. It is very old and I believe dates to just after Oklahoma became a State. The man it belonged to was Clayton Elijah Walker. The only info I could find on the internet about him was that he was possibly from Pond Creek and had a Homsteader filing in El Reno. I am hoping to put a face with the name and what his job title meant. I would appreciate any help.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Sat January 26 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The badge is round with a cut out star in the center. Has "Special Deputy" at top and "State Enforcement Officer" at bottom. Across the Star in the center it has "Oklahoma" Has old saddle pin on back. I would date it to be from 1907 to 1920 or so. Just trying to find any info on it that I can. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Sat January 26 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggest that you write to following website and scan picture of Badge as well

http://oklahomalawenforcementm...fame/2010-inductees/

Posts: 41 | Registered: Tue October 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 41 | Registered: Tue October 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post