New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poe-Hart gang
 Login/Join

<Guest>
posted
What happened to the money Hart had in the lard can the day he died? Does anyone know?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<M. Koch>
posted
Hi,

Nobody knows for sure or is willing to talk. If you find it please share with us!

<Guest>
posted
Wonderful, you made my day.

posted Hide Post
Who is the Hart gangster? I have Harts in that area at the same time and some rumors of a Gangster in that family. Clydene

Posts: 6 | Registered: Thu July 03 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Desperadoes: The Rise and Fall of the Poe-Hart Gang", by R. D. Morgan (ezlane publisher, 2003).

Posts: 195 | Registered: Mon December 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clydene:
Who is the Hart gangster? I have Harts in that area at the same time and some rumors of a Gangster in that family. Clydene

clydene, would like to know some ancestor names of yours... am related to hart twins, maybe we're cousins?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Fri September 03 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
What happened to the money Hart had in the lard can the day he died? Does anyone know?

am new to site. where did you find this info about lard can? thanks.

posted Hide Post
There have been many stories told over the years concerning loot hidden by the Hart's and Oscar Poe around the time off the Nuyuka shootout..If there was any missing loot that the posse didn't grab, Jess Littrell, who was seen in the area after his release from prison, probably found it..If he didn't recover it Pony Poe likely did...

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks R.D.! I have tried to contact you in many different ways, but have had no success. The Hart twins were my great uncles, brothers to my grandfather. I found your book online, and it reminded me of stories I had heard in the family. My mother did geneology for 40+ years, and this "gang" was one of the deep dark family secrets. I did uncover her secret vault though, and would love to discuss with you. Is there a direct email that I can reach you at?
Again many thanks for all the research you've done and writing that book. I enjoyed it very much. Ann Hart

posted Hide Post
Hi..I interviewed some of your cousins for the book......westboonerat@windstream.net

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post