Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Info- U.S. Marshal Bailey
 Login/Join

posted
I have a picture that I obtained of 4 law dawgs that appears to be in mid 30's. On the back of the photo its says " U.S. Marshal Bailey & 3 deputies" the rest is faded. All four are standing in front of a Moonshine operation that is along an embankment with several trees around it. I will attach the photo later. I'm assuming from where i got this that it was in Oklahoma. thanks for any help, eshawn412

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sun January 09 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

It is possible to scan a copy for us to see. Sometimes the names on the back do not match the front or they are the wrong person. This would help a great deal.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do! I hope to post as soon as I can get to a scanner which should be in the next few days. thanks for inquiring.

posted Hide Post
OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. I posted the picture of US Marshal Bailey and deputies. please work your magic! thankz, eshawn412

posted Hide Post
To my knowledge there were only 4 Bailey's who were U.S. Marshals;
Charles H. in Middle Dist Georgia, 1987
Dewey O. in Dist of Colorado 1898-1911
Gideon S. in Iowa 1845-1850
Horace in Dist of Vermont 1903-1914.
It's very possible this is a deputy U.S. marshal but we would have to narrow down where the photo was taken. It's possible by the background it could be OK, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky. A lot of territory.

BobE

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sun October 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a Deputy U. S. Marshal, Robert S. Bailey (Bob), of Sulphur who was active throughout the southern Chickasaw Nation in 1907. What he did, or where he was after Statehood, I'm not sure, nor do I have no photo of him for comparison. The background of the photo is reminencent of some portions of the Arbuckle Mountains but the rocks depicted remind me more of the geology in Northeastern Oklahoma, or as Ernst said, states further east and southeast.

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After scrutinizing this photo, I believe Tower may be most correct in stating this may be Bob Bailey of Sulphur. It could be a photo from around 1907. One of lawmen appear to be holding a Colt .45 automatic which were available at this time and another lawman appears to be holding a Winchester rifle. The clothing the lawmen are wearing gives the impression of federal lawman. It is my feeling that it was taken in Oklahoma. This is my impression. I could be totally wrong.

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post