OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Henry Starr Robbery, Cleve Coffman Interview
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry Starr Robbery, Cleve Coffman Interview
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

Great site! Thanks for letting me join. My grandmother's uncle, Cleve Coffman, was the teller in the bank in Harrison when Henry Starr and his gang robbed it. I just bought R. D. Morgan's excellent book, "The Bandit Kings of the Cookson Hills" and am interested in the interviews with survivors of the robbery that he mentions in chapter one. I've requested the article that contains the excerpts through the inter-library loan program at my library, but would love to see the complete interviews, if they are available. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sun February 03 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See also Book "Fired In Anger" on Henry Starr last bank robbery

Posts: 41 | Registered: Tue October 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Dee! That was what I was looking for. I had wondered about the pistol, since the gun they have at the Boone County Museum is a rifle. Finding a photo of Henry's pistol and Cleve's authentication of it, along with his description of their encounter is great. The book,"Fired in Anger" is also a very interesting. Do you know Robert Elman's source for Henry buying the gun in Oklahoma on the day of the robbery? According to local lore, they spent the night before in the woods outside of Harrison.

Thanks, again,

Mike

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sun February 03 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post