New
Find
Notify
Tools

Al Jennings grandson?
 Login/Join

Webmaster
posted
The following item appeared in this week's issue of the "This N That" online newsletter from Butch Bridges. Does anyone know if this person was actually a grandson of Al Jennings?

November 18, 1931
A handsome grey-eyed young man who told officers he is 31 years old and a grandson
of the famous Al Jennings, colorful former Oklahoma outlaw, confessed to Fred Hunt,
Johnston county sheriff, in an Oklahoma City jail last night that he had helped rob
the Mill Creek bank of $850 on September 4. "But I won't tell who the other two men
were," said Arthur Fraley while being held at the Capital Hill jail. "Yes, I did it
all right but I won't tell who the other two were. I'm ready to take the blame and
I'm ready for my sentence." Following the Mill Creek robbery, the young man said he
had taken part in still another holdup when the bank at Tuttle had been robbed on
Sept. 22. He said he had served two prison terms, one for five years in the
penitentiary in McAlester on a car theft charge and another for a year and a day in
Leavenworth federal penitentiary for interstate car theft. Fraley said he is married
but is estranged from his wife. He is being held in Johnston county jail.

Dee Cordry
dcordry@gmail.com
Oklahombres.org webmaster

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post