OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    The Complete Public Enemy Almanac
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Complete Public Enemy Almanac
 Login/Join

maddog
posted
The long delayed The Complete Public Enemy Almanac by William J. Helmer and Rick Mattix is now available from Cumberland House Publishing in Nashville. At 670 pages and filled with new information and rare photos, this action-packed volume is the most comprehensive and accurate work to date on the gangster era of the 1920s and '30s. Available in either hardcover or paperback.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Thu November 27 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
maddog
posted Hide Post
Now have author's copies here, for those who may be interested.

posted Hide Post
I have been trying to find out something about two men that robbed the bank my father worked in at Asher, OK in 1929. Their names were William Campbell and Plez Clark.
Are they mentioned in the book?
Carl

Posts: 16 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Tue August 23 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
maddog
posted Hide Post
I don't believe so. I don't remember the robbery right offhand but will check the index. There are so many thousands of crimes from the period mentioned in the book that I couldn't say off the top of my head.

posted Hide Post
I have read the new Public Enemies book and it's the real deal. Contains a ton of new data, etc. It is a must for the serious researcher...R.D.Morgan

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post