Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walter Phillip Flickinger
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for any information on Patrolman Walter Phillip Flickinger of the Chickasaw Lighthorse who reportedly was shot in the back and killed on June 7, 1923, by a local storekeeper somewhere in Oklahoma.The storekeeper was later found to be insane.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could that have happened in Ohio? I found this, and the date is the same, the name similar, Wallace Flickinger instead of Walter Flickinger.

Maybe just an odd coincidence?

THE HAMILTON DAILY NEWS, Hamilton, Ohio, June 8, 1923

KILLS OFFICERS, THREATENED MAYOR
Ohioan Angered by Non-Solution of Black Hand Message
YOUNGSTOWN, 0. June 8

Sheriffs officers this morning, captured Guiseppesi Siento, said to have shot
and killed Patrolman Wallace Flickinger of Lowellsville last night.
Siento was found near the scene of the shooting after an all-night search.
Policemen say Siento has been angry at authorities because he said, nothing was done about black hand letters be declared he received. A patrolman said that last night Siento told him that he planned to kill the Mayor. A short time later, according to eye witnesses, Siento shot Patrolman Flickinger in the back.

http://www.newspaperarchive.co...er.aspx?img=81732031

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daniel Baker,

( formerly Cowboy Dan)

Posts: 56 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: Sat August 16 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This in fact did happen in Ohio. I got the orginial info off of the National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial web site. They have now changed his story to Ohio. Thank you for your help.

Dennis L Lippe, Chairman
Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial
PO Box 10776
Oklahoma City, OK 73140-1776
e-mail: oklememorial@aol.com

Posts: 144 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post