Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boys of Paoli - Samuel Shockley
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for an article from the magazine: Oklahombres Journal Volume XXII no 2. Titled The Boys of Paoli. (life story of Samuel Richard Shockley, Alcatraz inmate 462) Who can help me?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sun February 17 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the article and would be happy to send you a copy. My scanner broke or else I'd post a copy here.

--meursault

Posts: 215 | Registered: Thu December 11 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would make me so very happy with this, we have been waiting for this for so long. My email address is linda.texel@planet.nl. I sincerely thank you very much !! Lin

posted Hide Post
I have read through the article, had actually expected more of it. Not much more than I already knew, as far as family is concerned. Too bad the author uses the usual version (which the government dictates). In the District Court Excerpt (US court of Appeals) Shockley versus United States / March 10 - 1948 I come to a completely different conclusion [On behalf of Shockley it is urgent that evidence fails to show that he had prior knowledge of the "break"] . But when the opportunity presented itself he joined himself until he realized that the attempts did not make sense. Also the stories that he had summoned the other inmates to kill the guards may be questioned. Sam had an IQ of just 54, why would hardened gangsters be ordered by a mentally handicapped person?