OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Accessing records of Hospital in Norman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accessing records of Hospital in Norman
 Login/Join

posted
I came across a newspaper article where the sheriff of Harmon County was killed in 1909. Then in 1910 his wife named the person she believed killed him.

The wife, with the newly appointed sheriff, went to the jail to talk to the person she believed killed him. To make a long story short, she had a gun under her coat and shot the man. He lived and went to trial for the killing of her husband. Then she went out of her mind, and was declared insane and sent to the hospital in Norman.

I found her on the 1910 census in the hospital at Norman.

My question is this, does anyone have any suggestions as to how one could determine if she lived/died at the hospital, or if she were eventually released? She was about 35 years of age.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd give the mental hospital in Norman a call and just query them as to what if any information is a matter of public record. If that doesn't work, you could always try to obtain her death certificate from the Vital Records office of OK. I think they can run a 10-year span search for a death year.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post