Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lloyd Barker
 Login/Join

posted
Was Lloyd Barker ever interviewed about his infamous family after he was paroled?

Posts: 24 | Registered: Mon January 10 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

On the record, not that I am aware of. Maybe on the record to friends and work associates, but I think Lloyd did not want preople to know of his past, especially that of his other brothers.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bear in mind that this is just my opinion, but could it be that by the time he was parolled, the whole public enemy thing was not of much interest to the general population? Despite a few cheesy movies that came out in the forties and fifties, the PE 'craze' really didn't pick up until 1967, with the release of BAC.

I didn't know nothin' about it....I thought they's all millionaires

Posts: 2 | Location: New Carlisle, Ohio | Registered: Mon December 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

Yes, I would agree that until the movie Bonnie & Clyde and those that followed, the publics interest in those long forgotten "Dillinger Days" had passed diminished

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
maddog
posted Hide Post
As Mike said, Lloyd probably didn't wish to have his family background publicized. He was actually almost paroled in 1934 but rejected in a turnaround decision, possibly based on the activities of his brothers and of fear that he would join Fred and Doc. It's also worth noting that Lloyd wasn't as well known as Herman, Fred, or Doc, having spent much of his adult life in prison for his one known crime. Many contemporary news accounts do not mention Lloyd and he was generally unknown to the public until his death.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Thu November 27 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post