OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Gangster era" (1907 - 1939)    Oklahombres Rendezvous, Anadarko, Okla April 2-3, 2004
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahombres Rendezvous, Anadarko, Okla April 2-3, 2004
 Login/Join

posted
OKLAHOMBRES RENDEZVOUS!

APRIL 2-3, 2004, ANADARKO, OKLAHOMA

Oklahombres Spring 2004 Rendezvous is scheduled for April 2-3, 2004 in Anadarko, Oklahoma and promises to be an informative and entertaining step back into the wild and wooly days of frontier Indian Territory.

A casual social hour and "catching up" gathering will be held Friday evening, April 2, at the Best Value Inn & Suites, our host hotel, at 7:00pm.

Historical talks are set for the morning of Saturday, April 3, also at the hotel and will include the following presenters and topics:

-Diron Ahlquist, "James N. Jones, Deputy U.S. Marshal & Army Scout"
-Art Burton, "Indian Police of Indian Territory"
-Roy Young, "Jack Stilwell, I.T. Lawman & Army Scout"
-Law Enforcement History/Cowboy Poetry & Music from two fantastic historians!

We will break for lunch about noon and the afternoon will consist of field trips including:

-The gravesite of James N. Jones at Verden, Oklahoma
-Indian City USA to view the collection of Indian Territory photographs.
An optional tour will be available from the facility for an additional
$8.00
-Roadside viewing of the site of the original Wichita Indian Agency with
orientation and additional historical information given

Cost for the Rendezvous will be $10.00 per person payable either in advance to Oklahombres or at check-in for the weekend.

Hotel reservations can be made by contacting Best Value Inn & Suites located at 1415 E. Central Blvd., Anadarko, Oklahoma, 405-247-3100. Mention Oklahombres when making reservations to obtain our group rate discount.

For additional information of to confirm attendance, please contact Diron Ahlquist at OKLawDog@aol.com

We look forward to seeing everyone again and get ready for a great event full of historical information and entertainment! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to extend a hearty "Thank You" to everyone who attended the Oklahombres Rendezvous this past weekend on April 2-3 in Anadarko, Oklahoma. Our social gathering on Friday night was incredible. Alot of great impromtu discussions and catching-up with old friends and some new ones.

Thank you to our two additional speakers Roy Young and Art Burton. Roy spoke on the life and times of Simpson Everett "Jack" Stilwell and Art discussed the Indian Police of the Indian Territory. I spoke on James N. "Jimmie" Jones who was a scout and lawman in southwestern Oklahoma.

We also had live entertainment in the form of the Apache [Oklahoma] Rattlesnake Association with rattlers slitherin' around our feet...literally! No danger though thanks to the careful handling by Jerry Huckleberry.

Our field trips to Indian City USA where we viewed many rarely-seen photographs of Indian Police and our drive to Verden, Okla to the grave of James N. Jones were very informative and enjoyable as well.

Again, thank you again to all who attended and made this Rendezvous a success. We are discussing our Fall 2004 Rendezvous. Stay tuned for further information.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
editor, Oklahombres Journal
Spring 2004 Rendezvous Coordinator

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<M. Koch>
posted
Hi all,

I wish to thank Diron for having a great rendezvous in a part of our great state I personally had never been to before. It was nice to see some old friends I hadn't seen in awhile and discuss the old west and some other itmes. Thanks should also go to Roger Bell and Herman Kirkwood, who resigned their positions as Board members for the service they gave to OklahombreS. Again thanks, Diron and all the speakers and participants of the rendezvous.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post