New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rendezvous 2008 Login/Join

<MKoch>
posted
Hi all members,

It's a new year and I wish all of you a happy New Year. I would also like to encourange any member(s) wishing to propose a 2008 rendezvous to so soon. Unfortunately 2007 was a year of disappointment in that we did not have a rendezvous. But, sometimes those things happen. The main thing in any rendezvous is to pick an appropriate site and date, then get speakers and advertise. Board members have and I assume will still help with this unless you are in an area you have a lot of connections to the community. Places to actually hold a rendezvous and motels hurt us in 2007. The main thing is a facility to hold it at, a motel site can be done later or people wishing to attend can get their own motel rooms. Also, if anyone has an stories to be printed in our journal for 2008, I would encourange you to send them in to Diron Ahlquist. We are always in need or new stories on Oklahoma Lawmen and Outlaw history. So, with those thoughts in mind, lets make 2008 a good year for our organization.

Mike Koch

posted Hide Post
Hey, Mike
I would like to attend your rendezvous this year if possible.
What about a combo rendezvous/booksigning since several of our members are writers with books out now? I would really like to attend that.
Do you have a "guesstimate" of how many might attend? That might make a difference as to where it could be held.

posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see some activity on a possible rendezvous for 2008. Keep in mind the WHAA is holding their meeting in July in Tulsa and many of the members of Oklahombres will be going to that.

I am anxious to meet members of 'hombres. I know a lot of you by name but would like to put a face with you.

Let's hear some chatter from others about a rendezvous.

<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

We are tenatively looking at a one day rendezvous on Saturday March 1, 2008 at Mulhall, Oklahoma. Details will follow when available.

posted Hide Post
Hey what's at Mulhall, formerly Alfred?? Bad storm all but devistated the cemetery and part of the town..... let me know , it's in my back door.

<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

Dee Cordry is putting this one day rendezvous together and has not placed anything on our web page as of yet concerning what he intends to do. I just thought I would put a small note on here to let people know he is planning to do this. Thanks for you inquire.