Moderators: Cordry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Rendezvous ? Login/Join

posted
There's been talk concerning a Spring rendezvous to be held in Claremore. Like to get some feedback on the idea from folks...

posted Hide Post
you can count me in

posted Hide Post
The date of April 16- 17 2011, is being discussed concerning the Claremore event..We'll see...

<MKoch>
posted
Hi all,

The public library at Claremore has given approval for us to use one of their rooms for our rendezvous April 16, 2011. Please make the weekend of April 16-17, 2011 and plan to attend. Rogers county and Claremore has a lot to offer in the area of lawmen and outlaw history.

Mike Eek Razz Cool Wink

posted Hide Post
So, what is on the agenda for the rendezvous, Spandy? Should I bring my corkscrew?

posted Hide Post
quote:
d

Oooops, I meant to say "Spanky"...I swear I did.

<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

No agenda as of yet, but basically we'll be having speakers talking of the lawmen and outlaw activites in the Claremore area on Saturday. Sunday, we'll probably go to the local cemetery for to see graves of fallen officers. Ron and Naomi have already got the library to give us space for Saturday. Hope you can attend, corkscrew or bust!

posted Hide Post
so, sapulpa gal, will you be riding your motorcycle?

posted Hide Post
Can you promise no rain?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Rogers county and Claremore has a lot to offer in the area of lawmen and outlaw history.

I need to pay some dues and be there if I can!

posted Hide Post
Rabbit....We will be holding a "stop the rain" dance the day before the event and you are required to attend..

posted Hide Post
OK...Will wear my "anti-rain dance" beaded moccasins, and bring my lucky feather.

posted Hide Post
Getting excited about the rendezvous. Haven't seen y'all for quite a spell now. What can we do to get the word out and stir up some interest?

posted Hide Post
Was thinking "Free Beer"..that would bring em in..but better not...Gonna contact Claremore newspaper and get an article in and TV stations..maybe an interview for the noon show...they will probably put us on right after the three-legged chicken..hoping you will do the interview Pam...taking any ideas from all members tho...need to stir up local intrest like we did in Madill....I think honoring the local lawmen who died in the line will stir up some intrest for one thing..Naomi is making a CD with music displaying the graves of famous Oklahoma lawmen and outlaws to sell for Oklahombres...Need members to e-mail us any pics they have of graves to...westboonerat@windstream.net...

posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have some good ideas goin' on there, Ron. Naomi told me about the CD...I would like to have one of those for sure. Sent Naomi some stuff on Edna's grave yesterday.
And, yeah, the free beer would definately bring 'em in. Ha!

posted Hide Post
Pam..I was also thinking Toga party but Naomi said..Not..Anyway, thanks for the info and pics concerning your Granny...would have loved to spent an hour or two with "Rabbitt" Murray and a tape recorder for sure...She knew Ma Barker and her clan, Volney, Karpis, Harry Campbell and all the rest on a personal basis...Wonder where Volney Davis is buried...I know he died in Cal. in 1979 and have found his parents graves in Bristow but nothing on his final resting place...Ron

posted Hide Post
Hahaaa...Not sure, but think we might get "tarred & feathered" if we showed up at an Oklahombres rendezvous in togas.
Yeah, I was wishing I had pictures of all the gangs' gravesites to put on the CD...that would be pretty awesome. You probably have more grave yard shots than anybody. First time I met y'all, I put the pictures in a file named "grave stompers". Haha I can't remember who you were looking for now, but Spanky yelled out "I found him".

<MKoch>
posted
Ha! Ha!

This old bloodhound is pretty good on sniffing out the bad guys graves. That was Charlie Mayes in Missouri, I believe.

posted Hide Post
You are probably right on, there, Spanky.
I hear that Naomi is working on your Rendezvous attire...Can't wait 'til April 16th...