Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DUSM Ed Stinnett?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone ever run across the name of Ed Stinnett as a deputy U.S. marshal in the Indian or Oklahoma Territories? I have found a letter that he wrote in 1949 stating that he was one of the last remaining deputy U.S. marshals that rode the I.T./O.T. region.

Any help would be appreciated.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Real Story Okie>
posted
Diron, Ed Stinnett was indeed a DUSM serving in thePerry O.T. area also as a city policeman 1893 - ?? Interesting that another city policeman and DUSM serving with Stinnett was George Mouser, who became Ed's brother-in-law. I have an original photo taken in Perry, O.T. of the entire DUSM crew with Charlie Colcord in charge... Steve B. Real story Okie...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, do you by any chance know when this Ed Stinnett died? I'm trying to confirm whether or not the Ed Stinnett I found is the same man. Does that photo you speak of include Stinnett? If so, would you be able to email me a scanned copy? Thanks for the response.
OKLawDog@aol.com

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Real Story Okie:
Diron, Ed Stinnett was indeed a DUSM serving in thePerry O.T. area also as a city policeman 1893 - ?? Interesting that another city policeman and DUSM serving with Stinnett was George Mouser, who became Ed's brother-in-law. I have an original photo taken in Perry, O.T. of the entire DUSM crew with Charlie Colcord in charge... Steve B. Real story Okie...

I would like to correct an error in the above post. George Mouser had two sisters: Margaret Ann Mouser married to Enoch A. Hayden and Catherine Matilda Mouser married first to David Edmiston and, when widowed, to Edward F. Tobin. Mouser was married to Sarah Catherine Caldwell for 59 years until his death in 1945. Mouser and Stinnett could not have been brothers in law. Mouser's granddaughter Joan Mouser did marry Allan Stinnett who may have been Stinnett's grandson. George Mouser was my grandfather.

Does anyone have a copy of the photo mentioned in the post above? I would appreciate a copy.

John Melaugh

Posts: 1 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Tue June 11 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post