Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Oklahoma Kid
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a better Hollywood western than "The Oklahoma Kid" which starred James Cagney and Humphrey Bogart? I don't think so. What do you think was the best Oklahoma western film?

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no vote for the best but (although I have never seen it) I am reliably told that the worst is Al Al Jennings of Oklahoma This 1951 low budget film starred Dan Duryea as the irrepressible Al Jennings and Gale Storm as his new bride. They are attempting to live the straight life but constantly run afoul of plots hatched by an "evil" railroad detective.

--meursault

Posts: 215 | Registered: Thu December 11 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al Jennings of Oklahoma was a terrible movie. I did forget about one of favorite western movies, Last Train from Gunhill was supposed to be based in Oklahoma Territory.

Posts: 373 | Location: Indian and Oklahoma Territories | Registered: Wed February 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down I'd have to cast my vote for John Wayne's "True Grit". Even though the scenery is more reminiscent of the Pacific Northwest (where it was actually filmed) I thought that the basics of the activities of the deputy marshals out of Fort Smith was fairly accurate. Not to mention of the best lines ever in a movie..."Fill yer hands you S** of a B****!"
On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
editor, Oklahombres Journal
OKC, OK

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post