OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  "Old West" Oklahombres (pre 1907)    Deputy US Marshal G. R. Tucker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deputy US Marshal G. R. Tucker
 Login/Join

posted
Last year I put the manuscript aside on lawman George Redman Tucker as it needed a rewrite. Since that time I plunged into a new project on a Texas Banker and Cattleman named Connell.
A few weeks ago I received a call from a man named Justin, a retired Railroad engineer and he told me his father gave him a book "Banditti of the Plains" and a .32 caliber, pearl handled boot gun and his father told him that he was a grandson of George and he received the items from his mother. He sent some great photos of the pistol. Justin does not know anything about his Tucker ancestor.
I had been looking for a good photo of George but always came up zero. Well, George had a daughter and the daughter had a daughter who lived in OK City and worked for the construction company who built the Naval Air Station at Norman. Then, she had a daughter and she donated a good photo of George to the archives in OK City.
Being I am constantly being drawn back to the Tucker MS I accepted an offer from a friend to help me do a complete biography on this "Invincible Marshal" (A quote from a news article) Of course we both must continue with current projects but hope to get this to a publisher in 2015.
I just wanted to point out that you never know where your research will lead and find.

Norm Brown

Posts: 84 | Location: Justiceburg Station, TX | Registered: Thu March 27 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post