OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  "Old West" Oklahombres (pre 1907)    Beck Mill and Ned Christie's Fort
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beck Mill and Ned Christie's Fort
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know the exact locations of these and if they are viewable with landowner's permission?

Posts: 3 | Location: Tulsa | Registered: Thu March 02 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beck Mill is on Flint Creek near Colcord OK. The last I knew, Sharon Beck owned the property. At one time, Sharon worked for the Talbot Library and Museum in Colcord. They could probably tell you how to get in touch with her. When I visited the mill over two years ago, it was in very bad condition. I assume it is still standing. I took a tour of the mill with a group from the Delaware County Historical Society of Jay OK. Incidentally, the original mill, where Polly Beck was killed, was washed away in a flood. It was a two story structure, several yards from the present structure. The present mill is on the National Register of Historic Sites.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mon August 13 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post