OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  "Old West" Oklahombres (pre 1907)    Charley McCowly alias Charles Newcomb, who associated with Henry Starr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charley McCowly alias Charles Newcomb, who associated with Henry Starr
 Login/Join

posted
Looking at Ft. Smith records online, and looked at Charley Newcomb, said to be an alias, real name Charley McCowly, who associated with Henry Starr.

In 1893, it seems that all these persons were involved in killing a Will Cain: Joe Dyer, Will Parker , Will Watson, Henry Starr, Charley McCowly alias Charley Newcomb.

I apologize for not posting more information from the Ft. Smith record tonight.

Posts: 173 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Name: Charles Newcomb
Court Date: 21 Apr 1893
Jacket Number: 293
Record Type: Defendant Jacket
293 Dyer, Joe; Parker, Will,; Watson, Will; Starr, Henry; McClouly, Charley; (alias Chas. Newcomb) Newcomb, Charles
did, on or about the
21, day of April A.D., 1893 in the Indian Country Western District of Arkansas commit murder

in Panola, Chickasaw Nation
(also Will Booker) with guns and pistols, murdered Will Cain, who was a white man, not an Indian, and not a citizen of the Indian Territory.
The United States versus James L. Dyer, Joe Dyer, Will Parker, Will Watson, Will booker, Henry Starr, Charley McClowly, alias Charly Newcomb
STARR, HENRY (1873–1921).
http://www.okhistory.org/publi...ntry.php?entry=ST060
Today I noticed the "Henry Starr and His Gang" thread!
Well, since there is no record of Henry Starr being found guilty of this crime, in anything posted on the "Henry Starr and His Gang" thread, I assume the charges were dismissed.

My curiosity is about Charley McCowly, alias Charles Newcomb.

Posts: 173 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mon October 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post