Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I saw a CD that.......
 Login/Join

posted
I was at OHS today and saw a CD that I believe was put out by Oklahobres. It was by Robert King and had to do with U. S. Marshals 1789-1940 and Deputy U. S. Marshals 1877-1930.

Could someone advise me:

Is this CD still available?
How much does it cost?
Who do I contact about obtaining a copy?
Will it operate on a regular computer (Windows XP)?
Does it require a certain program to read it?

I'm told it contains the information that is in the large binders at OHS. If that is the case, I would much prefer reading it from a CD at my leisure at home rather than using library time to read those notebooks.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Webmaster
posted Hide Post
Oklahombres has not done a project like that, but it certainly sounds interesting.

Dee Cordry
dcordry@gmail.com
Oklahombres.org webmaster

Posts: 158 | Location: Piedmont, OK | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for response. I'll look at the CD again this week and see for sure who put it out. My appreciation.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SUBJECT:

U. S. Marshals 1789-1940 and Deputy U. S. Marshals 1877-1930.

Did you find if a CD is available for sale on the above? I'm searching for my great-grandfather, William H. Jordon (MO) who lived in I.T. during 1890's - ?. I was told he was a Special Deputy of I.T. --- possible in Love County, OK. I have no proof if this story is true or not. That's the reason I'd like to buy that CD "if" it's for sale.

Thank you for your time.

Linda

Posts: 1 | Registered: Tue November 14 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a great grandfather that was suppose to be a deputy U.S. Marshall. I would also like to buy a copy of the CD. Could you please inform me how to get on.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after looking at the CD again, I learned it was put out by another organization. Hope it is okay to put their url here. Go to http://www.okolha.net/ for further information.