Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sterling Elder
 Login/Join

posted
About a year ago, I received an inquiry from an elderly woman wanting information about her great-grandfather, Sterling Elder(1845-1896). Seems Sterling was a Marshal shot in the line of duty, in front of two of his children, at Fort Cobb, 1896. I drew a blank in searching the usual sources, but recently learned that a John Ellis was the perp in a murder case filed in the Southern District of Indian Territory at Chickasha, 1898. If anyone has information on this, get in touch with me so I can hook you up with the original inquirer. I would also like confirmation that indeed Elder's death was in the line of duty so the name can be added to the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial. It would mean a lot to the family.

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Judy Knox>
posted
I am trying to find out information about my ggrandfather Sterling Elder told a U. S. Deputy Marshall in Ok., that is what I was told he was shot in front of my grandmother and her sister. Any information would be appreciated. I looked on Ancestry.com message board and found that Izaacs was Isaccas but the only sherif talked about was Sheriff McGee. Hope someone has information on Elder and can connect other person if not me about Elder. Thank You

Reply With QuoteReport This Post