OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  "Old West" Oklahombres (pre 1907)    Historical Photo's of Guthrie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Historical Photo's of Guthrie
 Login/Join

posted
I am searching for any historical photos of Guthrie from 1889 to 1907, I am most interested in photos of U S Marshalls, deputys , the jail, anything pertaining to law enforsment,
For those that make a trip to Guthrie, be sure to visit the McDonalds, Yes I said McDonalds, the walls are covered with historical pictures of early Guthrie. Some where online I saw a picture of S M Burche, with other law enforment officers, and I cant remember where I saw it, now cant find it. thanks Lisa

Posts: 11 | Location: Lawrence KS | Registered: Sun December 02 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried contacting the Territorial Museum in Guthrie? If the information you are looking for isn't there they may be able to tell you where to find it.

Posts: 47 | Location: Pawnee | Registered: Fri June 17 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a photographer in Guthrie, OK, who has a collection of old photos of Guthrie and OK, including the jail, lawmen, etc. He has the negatives and can make prints. We visited Guthrie, went through each of his albums and ordered prints which he then mailed to our home (we live in CA.) I can try to find the info for you if interested.

I also saw your separate post about Joel Runnells -- he is my gt-gt-grandfather. Have we shared information before?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sun January 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we have , Was your name Sherry? I dont recall the name of the lady I did talk to but that name comes to mind. Joels daugher Netty was my grandma, my mother is Edna Hairston. My mom has some pictures of Joel but I have not had a chance to see them. I would like to stay in touch or get to know any of Joels family. thanks Lisa

Posts: 11 | Location: Lawrence KS | Registered: Sun December 02 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post