Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dunn brother's ranch
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know the specific location of the Dunn brother's ranch? It's mentioned so often in accounts of the Doolin gang, my curiousity is up...

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liz Freeman is probably the one to contact on that question Mike. She has done alot of research on the Dunn brothers and I would be very surprised if she didn't know the location.

On the Trail
Diron Ahlquist
Secretary, Oklahombres Inc.

Posts: 376 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Diron, as predicted she had the exact location.

Posts: 512 | Location: Cortez, Colorado | Registered: Fri December 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also interested in the exact location of the Dunn ranch. How do I reach Liz Freeman?
Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: Wed April 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

I would contact Dale Chlouber at the Washington Irving Trial Museum located at 3918 So. Mehan Road in Ripley, OK. Phone (918) 624-9130 or by Email at Cchlouber@aol.com. He can pin point your request to the Dunn ranch location for you.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustychap:
I'm also interested in the exact location of the Dunn ranch. How do I reach Liz Freeman?
Thanks

The locaiton of the Dunn Ranch as taken from the probate papers when Eva Cotts Dunn sold the place described it as:

North 2 SW 4 Secttin 26 Township 19 N, Range 4 East; also SE 4 Section 26 Township 19 North of Range 4 East.

Posts: 130 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Mon September 04 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate the info. I used to live outside of Stillwater and have spent some time in Ingalls and the surrounding area. I've driven the section roads east of there hoping for a clue where the ranch might have been but had no luck. I saw a web sight yesterday that said it was about 15 miles east of Ingalls. Has anyone been out there and found it? I also have heard stories of a cave overlooking the Cimarron River that served as a hideout/meeting point for the Doolin Dalton gang. Does anyone have any info about that? Thanks again

Posts: 3 | Registered: Wed April 01 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went out there with the manager of the Washington Irving Trails Museum. He might take you. It's in the middle of a privatly owned ranch.Ya gotta go through some gates..R.D.

Posts: 126 | Registered: Wed December 10 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of the experts on the Dunn brothers: R.D. Morgan, Frawg (Liz Freeman), Diron, Tower, and (of course) Nancy Samuelson!

Posts: 194 | Registered: Mon December 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post