OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  "Old West" Oklahombres (pre 1907)    Information regarding "Special Police" in the Oklahoma Territory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information regarding "Special Police" in the Oklahoma Territory
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for help finding information regarding the "Special Police" in the Oklahoma Territory. Specifically in about 1890-1895. It appears my great grandfather Virgil Radcliff was a special policeman under Sherif Milton Jones in 1892-1895. I have found 2 articles in The Dail Times-Journal referencing him. The first is in February 10, 1892 where he is assigned to the Silver King Theater and there was an incident involving Nate Silvey. The second is April 9, 1895 involving a drunk at the Turf Saloon. One family legend is that he was a part of a posse that hunted the Dalton gang, but I have no evidence of it. Any documentation that can provide me with some clues on how the special police worked would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mon February 09 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post