Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OSP Wardens
 Login/Join

posted
My grandfather was the warden at McAllister during the "Alfalfa Bill" Murray governorship.The Oklahoma Board of Corrections History lists him as the warden only in 1931 followed by Kinny. Does anyone have the correct years?
Sam

Question:
Ny Grandfather was the warden at McAlister during the "Alfalfa Bill" Murray governorship. The OK Board of Corrections History liss his as the Warden only in 1931, followed by Kinney. Doses anyone have the correct years?
Sam

Choices:
1931-1934
1931 -?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri November 21 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MKoch>
posted
Hi,

You can contact the Oklahoma Department of Corrections in Oklahoma City or get on their web page and see if they have past wardens listed. I am pretty sure one of the two sources will give you the answer to your question.

Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DOC web site is where I received the information that I quoted (and I say it is incorrect).
Do you know who Roy Kinny was? He is listed as the warden between my grandfather and Jess Dunn, who was his assistant. No luck on Google.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri November 21 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to WWW.PrisonOfficer.Org and ask the administrator named "Cory" if he can find out. He works at OSP. There could be photos and such on a wall somewhere, or the warden's assistant may have info.

Posts: 26 | Location: Kansas City, MO USA | Registered: Mon October 02 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post