OklahombreS Online!    oklahombres.org    oklahombres.org  Hop To Forum Categories  General Oklahombres  Hop To Forums  Oklahombres "Connections"    The Bank Robbery and The Wolf Hunt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bank Robbery and The Wolf Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
The Southwestern Oklahoma Historical Society is offering on DVD two 1907 films, The Bank Robbery and The Wolf Hunt, for $25.00. Both films were silent, but a commentary sound track has been added. The Bank Robbery featured Quanah Parker, Al Jennings, Chris Madsen, Bill Tilhman, and Heck Thomas. I purchased the DVD and think it is well worth the $25.00 cost. The DVD can be ordered at Southwestern Oklahoma Historical Society, P.O. Box 3693, Lawton, Ok 73502.

Posts: 37 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma | Registered: Sat February 12 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. These are films I really want to see. Do you know if ordering is as simple as sending a check to the Historical Society with a note requesting the DVD? Or is there a number I should call?

Thanks again.

By the way, I've read that during the filming of the Bank Robbery--at a real bank--an unsuspecting real customer walked in, thought there was a robbery in progress, and jumped out the window to sound the alarm.

--meursault

Posts: 214 | Registered: Thu December 11 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine by sending a check to the P.O. box. I received my DVD in about a week. The bank in the movie that was "robbed" was the Bank of Cache in Cache, Ok.

Posts: 37 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma | Registered: Sat February 12 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched this film on a Friday. It was on VHS that derived from the paper tape collection in the Library of Congress so it's not a crystal-clear movie - a blurb included in the box said the film featured Al Jennings, a real bank robber and was produced by the Oklahoma Mutoscene Company.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mon October 27 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post